Opera Development Opportunity
GemArts, Lyric and Curve, supported by Opera North and Royal Opera are looking for music-makers, theatre-makers and writers from BAME backgrounds who are interested in exploring new possibilities in collaborative artistic creation.
This is an opportunity to:
- be commissioned to develop an original idea
- be mentored on the development of your project
- work with singers and musicians to develop your idea
- present work-in-progress and receive feedback
- develop a project with GemArts, Lyric or Curve, supported by Opera North and Royal Opera
We believe opera is where music, theatre and movement meet. It is the most vibrant and flexible of genres and is the perfect platform for telling diverse stories in diverse ways. Our definition of opera is broad –embracing music, theatre and movement from all cultural traditions – and we are seeking new stories and innovative approaches.
At this stage, the scale of your proposal does not matter. But it must meet the following criteria:
- your project must involve one or more collaborators
- the lead artist for your project must be based in the UK.
Three projects will be selected for a development commission and fully support those artists as they develop their work.
If you’d like to know more please email or call Anwar Ibrahim at email@example.com or 020 7212 9387.
When: From December 2017 to July 2018
Who: Writers, Composers, Directors, Theatre-Makers